Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order at 5:15pm by Jeff Kessel at O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 2265 Cross Pointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC.
Officers Present: Jeff Kessel (VP of Automotive), Joan Hauck (VP of Membership), Greg Tilley (Treasurer), and Margy Kessel (Secretary)
Officers Not Present: Markus Bersinger (President) and Gary Solesby (Events Coordinator)
May’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
Markus Bersinger – President
In the absence of Markus, Jeff Kessel welcomed everyone to our club meeting and dinner at O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar. Jeff thanked O’Charley’s for allowing us to use their facility and their continued support and sponsorship of our club.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
- Joan brought up to the members a vote for Don Griffith and Beth Schwenzfeier. They were approved unanimously. although Don was not present due to a work commitment. Joan then presented a welcome gift bag to Beth.
- Joan also introduced three perspective members to the club. Roger and Kate from Charlotte (owners of a C-7 red Corvette) and Kenneth Erdel from Claremont (owner of a C-4 white Grand Sport Corvette).
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
The club has $4,104.83 in our bank account. Included in this amount is $248.31 for Charity.
Gary Solesby – Events Coordinator
00 Baxter Village July 4th Parade – Sunday, July 3 – 9:30am – 11:30am This is not a club-sponsored event. Baxter Village’s July 4th parade has become the largest in the region. Mike Martocci, Director of Activities has informed us they could use at least 6 – 7 convertibles and certainly more than that in total vehicles to carry mascots or queens. For those who want to participate, please plan to arrive in the parking lots behind 900 Market Street (Fort Mill SC/Baxter Village) no later than 45 minutes prior to the start time. If you are interested in driving and participating, please contact Gary Solesby at GenerationsEvents1@gmail.com or Markus Bersinger at GenerationsCorvetteClubPres@gmail.com.
00 Car Care Day – July 17 – 10:00 am to 1:00pm – 3370 Lesslie Woods Court, Catawba, SC
Want to change oil and oil filter of your own Corvette under the guidance of an expert mechanic? Please sign up by June 30th by email to Greg Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can give David Pratt’s mechanic a heads up on the number of cars. More details will follow in early July.
00 Meeting & Dinner – Saturday, July 31 – 5:00pm to 7:00pm – Location TBD
00 Meeting & Dinner – Saturday, August 28 – 5:00pm to 7:00pm – Location TBD
00 Matthews Alive (Labor Day) Parade – Saturday, September 4 -- 9:00am to 11:00am
Parade through downtown Matthews, NC with a car club display and a couple of cars to carry local officials. Contact Greg Tilley at email@example.com to volunteer to participate. Optional lunch afterward.
00 Fall Auto Fair-September 9 – 11 –
We have been notified by the CMS Auto Fair Coordinator that plans are still being finalized. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive additional information.
00 Beach Weekend – Friday, September 17 thru Sunday, September 19 – Ocean Sands Beach Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC
For additional information or questions, contact Larry Coley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
00 Knights of Columbus Car Show – Saturday October 16 -- 8:00AM – 1:00PM at St. James Catholic Church, Geiger Hall, 139 Manor Ave SW, Concord, NC
This is a fun event with collector cars including Mustangs, Corvettes, classic trucks, restored antique cars, American muscle cars. Free admission, car registration $20 in advance or $25 on day of show - 50-50 raffle. music and food will be available for purchase. DJ on site, prizes awarded. Proceeds support local charities.
00 Picnic & Meeting – Saturday, October 30 – 12:00pm to 5:00pm – 6601 Smith Lake Road, Mount Pleasant, NC
Join us at our annual picnic at Smith Farm Lake in Mt. Pleasant. Please bring your own dessert, drinks and chairs. Sign up with Larry Coley by October 22 at email@example.com to ensure adequate food on hand. If you have not already done so, Larry would appreciate 3-4 volunteers to help set up tables and tents on October 29 at 1:00pm. Also will need 3-4 volunteers to help clean up after the picnic.
Jeff Kessel – Vice President of Automotive
- Reminder – Fall Auto Fair – September 9 – 11: Will keep you posted as more information comes in.
- Kannapolis, NC Cruise-In: Held second Saturday of every month March thru November (except May) 3:30 – 9:00pm – Location 113 West 1st Street, Kannapolis, NC. This event is held at the corner of West Ave and First St. This is a family-fun event and is free to the public and brings out show cars and spectators.
- Cruisin Carolinea.com has a lot of information regarding all upcoming automotive car shows and cruisin’s if you want to check it out.
- Jeff handed out flyer for Knights of Columbus Classic Car Show to be held on Saturday October 16 at 8:00am – 1:00pm.
Margy Kessel – Secretary – no report
Members interest – Cars & Coffee - Charlotte Motor Speedway hosts FREE monthly “cruise-in” style events. Upcoming: Saturday, June 19th and Saturday, July 17 at 7am to 10am.
Jeff Kessel motioned for the meeting to be closed and Margy Kessel seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5:35 pm.