Meeting called to order at 5:05pm by David Pratt at O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 2265 Cross Pointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC.
Officers Present: David Pratt, Debi Pratt, Greg Tilley, Thomas Foxx, and Margy Kessel. Joan Hauck – not present
Last month’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President
- David welcomed everyone to O’Charley’s, who is one of our club sponsors.
- David announced that Debi and David would like to invite all members to a Football Lunch (and barbecue) at their home on September 22, 2019. There will be plenty of parking for our cars! Details and directions to follow.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
- The club has $3,036.48 in our bank account, including $183 in our Charity Fund.
- Greg also discussed the distribution of club items amongst the officers. Presently, Jim Stahl has possession of these items. Greg mentioned it would be better splitting up the various club items so that no one person would be burdened with storing all of the items.
- Greg also thanked the 7 members (so far) who signed up to drive their cars at the Matthews Alive Parade on August 31st. Greg also mentioned after the parade lunch will follow, if you wish to participate. Restaurant to be determined.
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator
- Debi announced she would like to take a survey from all members what activities and/or outings they would like to do or have special interest in. She will be sending out an email shortly.
August 3, 2019 – Put on Hold until October/November 2019
Cruise-in for Veterans – Veterans Bridge Home 9:30am to 11:30am Location TBD
This is an event to show our appreciation for the Veterans and to display our Corvettes. Greg Tilley also has collected 10 automotive t-shirts to give to the veterans.
August 10, 2019 – 8th Annual Morningside of Concord Cruise-in, 500 Penny Lane NE, Concord, NC 28025 - 10:00 am to 1:00pm
This is a fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association. A $20 entry fee is required for this charity. This fun event will have cars of the past and present. Hot dogs, chips and drinks will be available to purchase. RSVP to 704-795-1200 to register your car.
August 24, 2019 – Monthly Meeting & Dinner
Location TBD – Matthews area. Check website for details.
August 31, 2019 – Matthews Alive Parade – 8:30am to 11:00am. Location is downtown Matthews. Drivers needed for car club display. No pageant princess riders involved.
September 14, 2019 – Ben Mynatt Customer Appreciation Day, Concord, NC 8:00am to 2:00pm
This is a fun event with food and music. If you arrive early, we can all park and display our cars together as a club. Details to follow – check club website. Strong member participation is encouraged since Ben Mynatt Chevrolet is our oldest sponsor.
September 22, 2019 – Cookout and Football Party 11:00am to 4:00pm at David and Debi Pratt’s house. Details to follow.
September 28, 2019 – Annual Picnic & Monthly Meeting – 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Smith’s Farm – 6601 Smith Lake Road, Mount Pleasant, NC 28124
Larry Coley asked for any new suggestions for the menu. Members are asked to bring desserts and drinks (alcohol is permitted by the farm owners). All are invited with family, children, grandchildren and pets. If you would like to arrive early, Larry would appreciate any extra help setting up.
October 19, 2019 (Saturday only) – Charlotte Motor Speedway Auto Fair- Concord.
Help give our club area visibility with a great showing! We have only 15 spots available although 2 spots are already reserved – one for Morrison Motors and the other for Ben Mynatt Chevrolet. Please sign up by September 2 by emailing to Thomas Foxx at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bring your car, polish, chairs, sunscreen and coolers and be ready for a great time, plenty of people – watching, as well as chrome-worshipping.
Thomas Foxx – Vice President of Automotive
Thomas reminded members about the upcoming Auto Fair on October 19, 2019 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Our club display of our cars will be located on the Concourse which provides us protection from the weather – rain or sun. Parking in this area is also free. Please make sure you contact Thomas as early as possible at email@example.com. The Hornets Nest announced this fall Auto Fair will not extend to Sunday, October 20.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
In her absence, Joan informed Greg that Michael Chase will likely be in attendance for the August monthly meeting at which time he will be eligible to be voted into the club.
OLD BUSINESS – NONE
NEW BUSINESS - NONE
Carlos Arosemena motioned for the meeting to be closed and Steven Miller seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5:14pm. Dinner followed at O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar in Rock Hill, SC.
Generations Corvette Club