Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order at 6:05pm by Markus Bersinger at Mac’s Speed Shop, 19601 Liverpool Parkway, Cornelius, NC.
Officers Present: Markus Bersinger (President), Jeff Kessel (VP Automotive), and Margy Kessel (Secretary)
Officers Not Present: Gary Solesby (Events Coordinator), Joan Hauck (VP of Membership), and Greg Tilley (Treasurer)
April’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
Markus Bersinger – President
- Markus welcomed everyone to our club meeting and dinner at Mac’s Speed Shop. Markus thanked Mac’s Speed Shop for allowing us to use their facility. In Gary Solesby’s absence, Markus reviewed all the upcoming events which can also be viewed on the GCC's website or online calendar.
- Don Griffith and Beth Schwenzfeier were not in attendance this evening so they will be voted on next month, if present.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
- Joan emailed the following reports on membership status. Greg will bring Markus’s membership bag at the next meeting to take place in June. Joan also has a membership bag for Michael Chase. Michael Chase will not be attending meetings at the present time due to his busy tax season.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
- The club has $4,161.89 in our bank account. Included in this amount is $248.31 for charity.
Gary Solesby – Events Coordinator
Auto Barn Classic Cars Rolling Cruise-In and Car Show – May 22, 2021
This is not a club-sponsored event. Auto Barn is holding a rolling car and cruise-in show on Route 29, terminating in a cruise-in at their warehouse. It is an all day event – cruise the route then come by Auto Barn for a break! Music, refreshments and sign up at Auto Barn to win one of the door prizes. RSVP is not necessary.
The Beachcombers Corvette Club and Rick Hendrick Chevrolet of Norfolk, VA are hosting Vettes at Waterside District – Saturday, May 22, 2021 from 10:am to 4:00 pm.
This is not a club-sponsored event. Participation in this unique Corvette-only gathering is limited to the first 120 preregistered cars. Corvettes will line the Waterside District riverfront promenade on Saturday, May 22nd, from 10:00am to 4:00pm. More event information is available on our online events calendar.
Baxter Village Grad Parade – Parking lots behind 900 Market Street, Fort Mill, SC – Saturday, May 29, 2021 10:00am to 11:30am.
This parade features more than 100 High School/College Graduation Seniors and started last year when the pandemic cut short ceremonies. Please plan to arrive in the parking lots behind 900 Market Street (Fort Mill SC/Baxter Village) no later than 45 minutes prior to the start time. If you plan on participating, please contact Gary Soleby at GenerationsEvents1@gmail.com.
Spring Scenic Drive – Saturday, June 12, 2021 – 8:00am – 3:00pm
This ride will take us to Brevard, NC and the Connestee Falls which has very easy access from the parking lot. From there, we will continue to Looking Glass Falls where we will have our picnic. Everybody will bring their own food and drink please. We will have two assembly points, first one will be in the Target Parking in Afton Ridge, 6150 Bayfield Parkway, Concord, NC at 7:45am – 8:15am. The second assembly point will be at the BP station at 8425 Wilkinson Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28214. It is located just off of I-485 Wilkerson Blvd exit, take the Wilkerson exit going west. We will be at the BP approximately from 8:45am – 9:15am when we will start our drive for good. I hope for a good participation. Please register with Gary Solesby, our events coordinator, at GenerationsEvents1@gmail.com. Please let him know which assembly point you will be coming to, so we can get a head count before leaving he first assembly point.
Rain Date for Scenic Drive – Saturday, June 19, 2021
Meeting & Dinner – Saturday, June 26, 2021 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm – Location TBD
Baxter Village July 4th Parade – Sunday, July 4, 2021, 9:30am – 11:30am.
his is not a club-sponsored event. Baxter Village’s July 4th parade has become the largest in the region. Mike Martocci, Director of Activities, has informed us they could use at least 6 – 7 convertibles and certainly more than that in total vehicles to carry mascots or queens. For those who want to participate, please plan to arrive in the parking lots behind 900 Market Street (Fort Mill SC/Baxter Village) no later than 45 minutes prior to the start time. If you are interested in driving and participating, please contact Markus Bersinger at GenerationsCorvetteClubPres@gmail.com.
Meeting & Dinner – Saturday, July 31, 2021 – 5:00pm - 7:00pm – Location TBD
Meeting & Dinner – Saturday, August 28, 2021 – 5:00pm - 7:00pm – Location TBD
Matthews Alive (Labor Day) Parade – Saturday, September 4, 2021 9:00am - 11:00am
Parade through downtown Matthews, NC with a car club display and a couple of cars to carry local officials. Contact Greg Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to participate. Optional lunch afterward, at a location to be named.
Jeff Kessel – Vice President of Automotive
- The NHRA racers are in town this weekend at Z-Max dragway in Concord, Friday, May 14 thru Sunday, May 16, 2021. They also will be returning in the Fall – September 17 thru 19 for the NHRA Carolina Nationals or you can check their website NHRA.com.
- May 30, 2021 – Coca-Cola 600 is in town at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Due to the pandemic a lot of events were cancelled and are being rescheduled. The Auto Fair was cancelled for the Spring, but I have received word they will be holding the Fall Auto Fair – September 9 -11, 2021. Will keep you posted as more information comes in.
- The following website – Cruisin Carolina Magazine.com has a lot of information regarding all upcoming automotive car shows and cruise-in’s if you want to check it out.
- I will also update the GCC website when and if I come across any automotive events scheduled during the summer season.
Margy Kessel – Secretary – no report
- Greg Tilley has been in touch with Larry Coley regarding our annual beach weekend trip. Larry has not been able to reach his hotel contact despite several attempts. At the present time, we do not know what this means for a beach trip in August or September.
- Annual Picnic – Have not heard from Larry regarding this annual event for either September or October. Hopefully we will have some information soon.
Jeff Kessel motioned for the meeting to be closed and Thomas Foxx seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 6:30pm.