Meeting called to order at 5:25pm by David Pratt at AutoBarn Classic Cars, 325 McGill Avenue, Concord, NC.
Officers Present: David Pratt (President), Debi Pratt (Events Coordinator) Greg Tilley (Treasurer), Joan Hauck (VP of Membership), Jeff Kessel (VP of Automotive), and Margy Kessel (Secretary)
Last month’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President
- David welcomed members to Generations Corvette Club’s 12th anniversary dinner & meeting at the AutoBarn Classic Cars in Concord.
- David has been in contact with K1 Speed in Concord for indoor go-karting. Several members have requested Saturday morning or evening, if available. After further review with the facility, Saturday evenings are difficult to acquire due to bookings months in advance. David will touch base again with K1 Speed and will send out an email this week to members regarding date and time.
- David is checking into a tour of Rick Hendrick’s Museum on a weekend so all members can attend.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
- The club has $3,491.65 in our bank account. The Charity fund has $183.31 included in that total.
- Greg announced the winner, Debbie Rather, of the $25 Outback gift car. This drawing was for any member who paid their membership dues by the end of January. Congratulations Debbie!
- Greg also handed out free windshield decals (with club logo) at tonight’s meeting. Other members can pick up their decals at future events if they have not already done so.
- Greg passed out to members for their information the 2020 Budget and also the results from the 2019 Budget.
- Greg also mentioned if any member has questions about the calendar, contact Greg at email@example.com.
- Greg recently heard from Michael Chase advising he will not be able to attend any club functions until May or later (after tax season).
- Club Windshield Banners – The club has a small stock of new and gently used windshield banners for sale. If anyone is interested in purchasing a new banner the cost is $20 and $10 for a used banner. Our supply of banners by Corvette Generation is shown on the Generations gear page of our website.
New: C7 -3, C6 -1, C5 - 1, C4 -1
Used: C6 – 2, C5 – 1
We will not place a new order for club inventory until these remaining items are sold.If you wish to purchase one of these banners, please respond by email to Greg at .
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator
- Debi announced looking into several new events in the upcoming months.
-- Pancake Breakfast at O’Charleys Restaurant & Bar, Rock Hill, SC., which will benefit the Veterans Bridge Home.
-- Corvette Auto Show at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC
-- Indoor 3D-Golf and/or Bowling outing in Matthews, NC
All these events are being coordinated and Debi will provide more dates and details in future emails. Members can also check the GCC website for updates.
March 7, 2020 – Indoor Go-Karting – K1Speed – 800 Derita Road #K, Concord, NC
Join us for a fun day of electric Indoor go-karting. More details to follow this week!
March 7, 2020 (postponed)– Pancake Fundraiser – O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar – 2265 Crosspointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC 7:30am to 9:30am
This event has been postponed until nicer weather. This event will benefit the Veterans Bridge Home. Join us for a fun breakfast. David will be sending out an email to members when date is confirmed.
March 14, 2020 – St Patick’s Day Parade – 9:00am to 1:00pm – North Tryon St. & 9th Street, Charlotte, NC
Need volunteers for car club display (6-12) and to carry parade officials (4) for Charlotte St. Patrick Day Parade. Please note this parade discourages any candy being tossed from vehicles. If interested, contact Greg Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 14, 2020 – Baxter Village St. Patrick Parade – 4:30pm to 6:00pm 857 Promenade Walk, Fort Mill, SC
Generations has been invited to participate in the 14th Annual Baxter Village/Fort Mill Spring Festival and St. Patrick’s Parade on Saturday, March 14. The parade steps off at 5pm from the YMCA lot (857 Promenade Walk, Fort Mill) here in Baxter Village, and the festival is 2pm to 6pm. This parade and festival attract more then 125 vendors and 6,000 attendees. We have recently been informed that (4) or more cars are requested to carry pageant queens. If you are interested in driving, please contact David Pratt at email@example.com. This parade allows candy to be tossed to the children so bring lots of candy if you are participating.
March 28, 2020 – Monthly Dinner & Business Meeting – 5:00pm to 7:00pm - Mac’s Speed Shop, 142 East John Street, Matthews, NC
April 4 & 5 – Saturday & Sunday - Spring AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC – All day event.
Help give a great showing by our car club! Bring your car, polish, chairs, sunscreen and coolers and be ready for a great time!! Plenty of people-watching as well as chrome-worshipping! There are still a few spots available on both days so if you are interested, please contact Jeff Kessel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 18, 2020 – Saturday – Scenic Drive & Lunch, 300 North Main Street, Hendersonville, NC – 8:30am – 3:30p
Join us for a scenic drive and lunch. Rally point will be Wal-Mart Super Center at 701 Hawley Ave., Belmont at 9:00am; leaving at 9:30am. Leaving Belmont, we will travel via Highway 74 and pick up I-26 at Columbus. Destination is Hannah Flanagan’s (about a 1.5 hour drive). Parking on North King St., between 3rd and 4th Avenues East. After lunch, you can visit various shops nearby. If interested in hiking, Dupont Falls is just outside of town. RSVP to email@example.com by 4/11/2020 so Greg can get a headcount for lunch and send out directions.
April 25, 2020 – Monthly Meeting & Dinner – 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Milano’s Italian Restaurant, 904 S New Hope Road, Gastonia, NC
May 30, 2020 – Monthly Meeting & Dinner – 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Rock Hill, SC – location and details to follow.
June 27, 2020 – Saturday – Knights of Columbus Classic Car Show – 8:30am to 2:00pm – St. James Catholic Church, Geiger Hall, 139 Manor Ave SW, Concord, NC
Free Admission - Car Registration is $20 - 8:30 – 10:30am - Contact Joe Amodeo – 845-234-8631 – Must register by 10:30am the day of the show. Browse collector cars including classic trucks, restored antique cars, American muscle cars, Post 2000 Modern and many more. There will be music and food available for purchase. Prizes awarded. Also DJ on site. Proceeds support local charities. Contact: Bob Wheeler – 704-793-4593. https://eventscruiseincarolinamagazine.com/event/cars-for-kids-concord-nc.
June 27, 2020 – Monthly Meeting & Dinner – 5:00pm – 7:00pm – O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 1389 Concord Parkway North, Concord, NC
Jeff Kessel – Vice President of Automotive
- Jeff advised members that spots for the Spring Auto Fair on April 4 and 5 at Charlotte Motor Speedway are filling up quickly. If you are interested, and have not signed up already, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have (1) spot open for Saturday and (6) spots open for Sunday left.
- Just a reminder for those interested, the NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four Wide Nationals Drag Races will be held on Friday, April 24, 2020 thru Sunday, April 26, 2020. For more information call 1-800-455-3267 or visit the Charlotte Motor Speedway website.
- For the adventurous – Corvette Expo in the Smokies at the LeConte Center, Pigeon Forge, TN – March 20th and 21st, 2020. More information at https://www.corvetteexpo.com or 865-687-3976.
- Monthly Cruise-ins:
-- RK Motors, 5527 Lakeview Road, Charlotte, NC 28269 held on second Saturday each month – March thru November – 9am-1pm
-- Charlotte Motor Speedway, 5555 Concord Parkway South, Concord, NC, third Saturday every month except May and October – 7am to 10am.
-- Kannapolis Cruise-In – Research Campus -201 North Main Street, Kannapolis, NC 28081 – second Saturday every month – March thru November – 1pm to 7pm.
-- Caffeine & Classics Streetside – 800 Derita Road, Suite A, Concord, NC. – Held last Saturday of every month – 9:00am to 12:00pm.
-- East Coast Cruisers Monthly Meeting & Dinner – third Monday of each month. O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 1389 Concord Parkway North, Concord, NC
-- Hot Rods & Hops – third Friday each month – 6:00pm to 9:00pm – 10228 Bailey Road, Suite 206, Cornelius, NC. I was informed by Byrant Kearns that this cruise-in is a very small gathering with limited space. Therefore, if you are interested you need to contact and register before. Contact number for more information is 704-941-9909.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
- Joan introduced and welcomed Gary Solesby and his son, Jackson, to their first meeting with Generations Corvette Club. Gary also has a daughter and lives in Troutman, NC. He is a business owner and repairs tractors and trailers. He is the proud owner of two Corvettes – 1999 white convertible and a red 2005 coupe. He loves his Corvettes and looks forward to joining us in future events.
- New members – Markus Bersinger and Michelle Le Rader were voted in as members.
- Joan presented several original GCC club members/officers with beautiful Certificates of Achievement for their service for the past 12 years. These certificates were presented to the following members:
Debi Rather: Debi was surprised and thanked Joan. She was one of the original officers when the club started which consisted of only 20 members at that time. Debi owns a magnetic red 2001 C5 convertible.
Dee Putman: Dee thanked Joan for the certificate and said how much he has enjoyed meeting so many new friends over the years. He is the proud owner of seven Corvettes and invited everyone to stop by if they would like to see his collection. Dee recently purchased a red 2015 Z06 seven-speed Corvette with 1800 miles from Jimmy Morrison (one of our sponsors).
Greg Tilley: Our financial expert and webmaster thanked Joan and everyone. He enjoys his position with our club and our scenic drives. Greg mentioned the only negative in forming the club was dealing with the IRS in getting the club’s tax-exempt status. Greg is looking forward to seeing everyone at future events throughout the year.
OLD BUSINESS - NONE
Larry Coley – summer weekend getaway at Myrtle Beach, SC – June 3-7, 2020:
Generations Corvette Club is planning a getaway to the beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC Ocean Sands Beach Resort – June 3 – 7, 2020. The 2020 Corvettes at the Beach Car Show is on June 5th and 6th. Pricing for rooms is $80.00 plus tax per night for regular view and ocean view is $90.00 plus tax per night. When reservations are finalized, Larry will email each of you a reservation number to check in with. There also is a parking garage at the Resort. If you are interested in joining us, please reply to Larry Coley at 704-796-0140 or email@example.com by April 1st so he can lock in our room reservations.
David Pratt motioned for the meeting to be closed and Debi Rather seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5: 40pm at Auto Barn Classic Cars, 325 McGill Avenue, Concord, NC.
Generations Corvette Club