Meeting called to order at 5:15pm by David Pratt at Amici’s Pizza Sports Bar and Grill, 929 Concord Pkwy South, Concord, NC.
Officers Present: David Pratt (President), Debi Pratt (Events Coordinator), Greg Tilley (Treasurer), Thomas Foxx (VP of Automotive) Joan Hauck (VP of Membership), and Margy Kessel (Secretary)
Last month’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President
- David welcomed everyone to our monthly meeting and dinner at Amici’s Pizza Sports Bar and Grill.
- David reminded everyone present that at November’s monthly meeting and dinner officer elections will be held. Volunteers are welcome to sign up for the Officer positions. For your information, each position is outlined on our club website. If you are interested, or have any further questions regarding these positions, don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- David spoke with Mark Wellik and informed us that Vicky’s knee surgery went well and recovery is going to take sometime. We wish her well and a speedy recovery.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
- The club has $3,327.06 in our bank account. The Charity fund has $183.31included in that total.
- Greg passed around several sign-up sheets for upcoming events. Any questions regarding these events, please contact Greg at email@example.com.
- Greg also welcomed Ron Ruggiero, an honorary member. We all wished Ron success and congratulations on his move to Myrtle Beach.
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator
- November 2, 2019 – Corvette Angels Toy Drive – 9:00am – 12:00pm – Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Road Runner Vettes “RRV” is proud to team up with the Salvation Army to sponsor their annual toy drive. This event is free and open to the public. This year, the event is being held at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Corvette Angels has helped raise toys for needy children. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated. Please bring an unwrapped toy and make a child smile this Christmas!
- November 9, 2019
Parade for Veterans – 11:00 am – 700 North Tryon St. Parking Lot, Charlotte, NC.
Veterans Bridge Home is participating in a parade on Saturday, November 9 at 11:00am in downtown Charlotte. Generations Corvette Club would like to support this organization by driving several of our Corvettes in this parade with them. This event is in lieu of a cruise-in originally planned. This is an event to show our appreciation for the Veterans and to display our Corvettes only, no politicians or pageant queens riding in our cars. Please let Greg Tilley know IMMEDIATELY if you wish to participate in the parade. We need a count on how many cars will participate in order to register our club. Greg has also collected 10 automotive t-shirts to give to the veterans.
- November 10, 2019 – Vintage Warbirds - Sunday – 9:00am – 5:00pm - 1640 Aviation Drive, Monroe NC
Warbirds over Monroe airshow is a joint production by the non-profit Warriors & Warbirds group and the City of Monroe. It takes place every year on Veteran’s Day weekend at the Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport in Monroe. Website – www.monroenc.org/Departments/Tourism/Warbirs-Over-Monroe-Air-Show.
- November 23, 2019 – Monthly Meeting & Dinner - Officer Elections – 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm – 701 Main Restaurant & Bar, 701 West South Main Street, Waxhaw, NC
- December 7, 2019 – Toys for Tots – 9:00am – 11:30am – Streetside Classics, 800 Derita Rd., SuiteA, Concord, NC
Toys for Tots is a holiday program run by the U.S. Marines. Please bring an unwrapped children’s toy. Free food, drinks and gift raffles. Fun event for a good cause!
- December 7, 2019 – Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade – Location – 8760 East Franklyn Street, Mount Pleasant
Need 8 volunteers to carry town pageant princesses (aged 2 -18); more details to follow.
- December 13, 2019 – Friday at 7:00 pm - Generations Corvette Club 2019 Holiday Party & Meeting Moss Creek Clubhouse, 9505 Moss Plantation Avenue NW, Concord, NC 28027
You and a guest are cordially invited to celebrate the season with your fellow members. The club is providing main entrees, sides and desserts at no cost to attendees. RSVP required by December 2nd to GenerationsEvents1@gmail.com in order to give caterer advance notice on food order.
- December 24, 2019 – Ben Mynatt Cheverolet Community Breakfast, Concord NC – Annual Christmas Eve Day Breakfast – 8:00am to 11:00am.
Details to follow. Need club volunteers to help.
Thomas Foxx – Vice President of Automotive
Charlotte Motor Speedway Auto Fair in Concord was held on Saturday, October 19, 2019. It was a great turnout and congratulations to the following members who were awarded trophies.
Carlos Arosemena – Best in Show
Bryant Kearns – 1st Runner Up
Brian Roy – People’s Choice
Bill Willis – Best Convertible
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
Joan welcomed potential new member Terry Fallet to our club. Terry will be up for a membership vote at November’s meeting.
OLD BUSINESS – NONE
- Greg Tilley informed us that Jonathan and Karen Grundy (life-time members) have announced the birth of their daughter, Harper Grace. Congratulations to all of you!
- Carlos Arosemena announced an upcoming event at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Black Friday, November 29th. For a $25 charitable donation, you can take your car for one lap around the track!
David Pratt motioned for the meeting to be closed and Carlos Arosemena seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5:25pm at Amici’s Pizza Sports Bar and Grill, Concord, NC.
Generations Corvette Club