Meeting called to order at 4:58pm by Jim Stahl at Afton Pub & Pizza, Concord, NC.
Officers present: Jim Stahl, Carlos Arosemena, Joan Hauck, David Pratt, Vicky Wellik, and Greg Tilley. Larry Coley was not present.
Last month's meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
Jim explained that we would run through the business meeting quickly so we could have dinner and enjoy our Christmas party.
Greg Tilley, Treasurer:
- The club has $1,798.39 in our checking account.
- Greg also announced that he would be sending out an invoice for 2019 membership dues by email a few days after Christmas. Our annual dues remain unchanged (since club inception) at $60. Members can mail their checks payable to Generations Corvette Club at PO Box 1181, Harrisburg, NC 28075-1181. Dues payments received by Greg by January 31, 2019, will be eligible for a drawing for one $25 gift certificate.
Joan Hauck, Vice-President of Membership:
- Welcomed Mike & Amanda Blythe to the party as brand new members (voted in at November meeting).
- Announced John Nocera’s birthday as today and Mark Wellik’s birthday as yesterday.
- Asked if the club membership list sent periodically to members could include home addresses to facilitate card-sending among members. Greg Tilley will update and distribute a revised membership list to include members’ home addresses. Greg reminded everyone that the membership list is intended for club matters only and may not be used for business or political purposes.
Larry Coley, Officer at Large: not present; no report
David Pratt, Public Relations: no report
Carlos Arosemena, Vice President of Automotive: no report
Vicki Wellik, Events Coordinator:
- Reminded everyone that Ben Mynatt Chevrolet (club sponsor) will hold their annual community breakfast on December 24 from 8:00am to about noon. Greg Tilley said that 10 members have volunteered to help set up tables & chairs, clean tables, and refill supplies.
Jim Stahl, President:
- Thanked the current officers and other club members for their support of him as club president the past 2 years.
- Encouraged club members to contribute ideas for events and participate in next year’s activities.
- After tonight’s meeting, members are welcome to come to Jim’s house for more Christmas fun.
Old Business: none
- Debi Pratt announced that the restaurant chain O’Charley’s has agreed to sign on as Generations’ newest corporate sponsor. O’Charley’s sites in Rock Hill, SC, and Concord, NC, will be repeated locations for some meetings in 2019. O’Charley’s will work with the club to hold one or more fund-raising activities for our charity fund. Details will be firmed up soon and members asked to participate. Which charity/charities we will support will be determined by the new board of officers and discussed with the members.
- Vicky Wellik asked about the status of last month’s discussion on “adopting” one or more local families by buying specific Christmas gifts. Debi Pratt explained that she had been swamped at work since our last meeting and was unable to coordinate with the community project officer. The club may reconsider this charity project next year.
- Greg Tilley motioned that Junior and Lanna Thomas be voted as honorary club members as of January 1, 2019. Due to Lanna’s recent health issues, she has had to sell her Corvette. Since our club bylaws require ownership of a Corvette to become/remain a club member, they were nominated as honorary members starting next year because of their service to the club as Vice President of Membership and Public Relations in the past and attendance at many club events over the years. Bryant Kearns seconded the motion, and the motion was approved unanimously by the members present.
- After conclusion of the meeting and before our food arrives, we will hold random drawings for 13 gifts using the numbered tickets Greg Tilley will distribute.
Mark Wellik motioned for the meeting to be closed and Ron Ruggerio seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5:21pm.
Generations Corvette Club