Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order by Jim Stahl at 3:06pm at Smith Lake in Mount Pleasant, NC.
Officers present: Jim Stahl, Vicky Wellik, Connie Forbes, and Greg Tilley.
Last month's meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
Jim Stahl, President:
- Jim welcomed our guests, Marcus and Chris and thanked Larry Coley and his son for cooking all the food for today’s picnic.
- Mathew Rossi and Whitney dropped by to visit at the beginning of the picnic but could not stay to eat or for the meeting due to a prior commitment.
- Jim announced that Sue & Kevin Rahn are moving back to Wisconsin and will not be able to continue with the club, much to the disappointment of everyone in attendance. Jim also stated that Anders and Tracy Peterson are leaving for Raleigh and will not continue in the club either.
Greg Tilley, Treasurer:
- Stated $2418.43 in checking account and that the club paid for all the food at the picnic except for the chicken which was contributed by Larry Coley.
Vicky Wellik, Events Coordinator:
- Vicky said The Run to the Colors scenic drive sponsored by the Foothills Corvette Club on 10/22 was a beautiful drive and everyone who attended had a great time.
- The location for our November meeting will be in the “West” area, location to be named as soon as possible.
- Recommended we give Larry and the owners of the property for the picnic a gift certificate or at least a thank-you card. Greg Tilley will handle this.
- Next Saturday, 11/4, is the Corvette Angels toy drive (for The Salvation Army) sponsored by Road Runner Vettes from 9:00am to noon. Road Runner Vettes has planned a brunch at the Speedway Club, and you must register beforehand for that if interested. Generations members may get together for lunch and a short drive afterward. After some discussion, Greg and Jim suggested meeting at the Regal Starlight Cinema parking lot (near exit 32 of I-485) by 9:00am and driving to the Speedway as a group. If any club members can’t make the rally time, they can come to the Speedway directly. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy if planning on attending the toy drive.
- Vicky said that the club is planning bowling, go-carts, and brewery outings. Junior Thomas suggested we try Coach’s in Albemarle and Stone Mountain Winery. Event details will be emailed to club members as plans are firmed up.
Tom Keitzer, Vice President-Membership: not present. In his place, Jim Stahl announced that we have received two new member applications recently (Ken Allen and Frank & Carole DeRoberts) and have several existing applicants (Jake & Kimberly Helms, Dennis Kronenwetter, and Austin Stewart).
Connie Forbes, Secretary: no report
Jim announced that nominations for officers are still open until November 1. Since Sue & Kevin Rahn are moving back to Wisconsin, we will need volunteers to step forward for the positions of events coordinator and vice-president of automotive. Vicky Wellik said she is willing to continue as events coordinator but, since returning to work, she just does not have as much time to devote to the position as she would like. Connie Forbes withdrew her nomination as secretary, so we need someone else to run for this position.
Greg Tilley sent about 20 magazines donated by Lana & Junior Thomas, Thomas Foxx, and others to Walter Reed National Military Hospital for the wounded warriors of the 82nd Airborne.
Vicky Wellik motioned for the meeting to be closed and Doug Forbes seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 3:33pm.