Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order at 3:45pm by David Pratt at The Wagon Wheel Restaurant in Fort Lawn, SC.
March meeting minutes were approved as posted on our website.
David Pratt - President
- David and Debi named their new (to them) 2019 long beach red coupe Corvette “Rose”.
- David introduced two visitors: Doug and Sherri Walton
Larry Fritts - VP of Automotive
Joan Hauck - VP of Membership
Kim Prestis - Secretary
Beth Schwenzfeier – Treasurer
- Not present, but David Pratt reported the club has $4,495.32 in checking account. We have $152.31 allocated for charity included in that total.
- The drawing for a gift card (all members who paid their 2022 dues by the end of January are eligible) will be held at the May 21 meeting. You do not have to be present to win.
Diana Fritts - Events Coordinator
- May 13: Corvette-only cruise-in at downtown Monroe at 5pm. Not a club-sponsored event, just advertising the event.
- May 14: cruise-in at AutoBarn Classic Cars at 325 McGill Avenue, Concord from 9am to 1pm. Not a club-sponsored event, just advertising the event.
- May 21: monthly meeting (and lunch) will be held on the Catawba Queen docked in Mooresville at 1pm. Details will be coming soon.
- June 3-5: weekend getaway at Myrtle Beach, SC. Rooms at Ocean Annie’s; lunch at McCloud Farms. Also local Corvette show.
- June 11 or 18: car care day at Aces Automotive, 118 Business Park Drive, Indian Trail, NC; date will be announced soon
- June 25: monthly meeting; details to be determined.
- July 2: Tentative date for July 4th parade in Mount Pleasant, NC. Awaiting word from parade organizers if they will ask our club to provide rides for 6-7 pageant queens. Greg Tilley will inform the club as soon as possible.
- July 4: Independence Day parade in Baxter Village, Fort Mill, SC from 8:30 to 11am. Email will be sent soon asking for participants.
- July 30: monthly meeting at clubhouse of Don Griffith and Beth Schwenzfeier will be a tropical Hawaiian theme and be catered. Details to be announced later.
- August 27: monthly meeting; details to be determined.
- September 3: parade at Matthews Alive with 2 cars carrying dignitaries and a club display. Details and call for participation coming later.
- September 24: customer appreciation day at Ben Mynatt Chevrolet in Concord from 8am to noon. Food and music provided by dealership. Will also hold short monthly meeting.
Thomas Foxx - Officer at Large
Old Business: none
Debi Pratt announced that the Lake Norman Elks Lodge asked our club to partner in a fundraising event (cookout and 50/50 raffle) to benefit area veterans. Details are being worked out and event will likely be held in September. The event will raise funds to buy (1) “welcome home kits” to provide basic household items (kitchen, bath, bedding, etc) for veteran families and (2) “duffle bags” to provide clothing and toiletry items for homeless veterans. David Pratt raised the idea of inviting the other Corvette clubs in our area to participate. Debi suggested that our club donate our charity-designated funds to the Elks Lodge to help fund starter costs for this project. Debi will forward to all club members the email she and David received from the Elks Lodge to help explain this project.
Greg Tilley motioned to close meeting, and Markus Bersinger seconded the motion. The meeting adjourned at 4:04pm.