Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order by Greg Tilley at 7:07pm at Azteca Mexican Restaurant in Matthews, NC. President, Jim Stahl was not present as he was moving his son back to college.
Officers present: Vicky Wellik, Tom Keitzer, Connie Forbes, and Greg Tilley.
Last month's meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
Greg proposed that membership be approved for Wayne Strausbaugh, waiving normal membership requirements since he has been to Auto Fair several years and lives in New Bern. Tom Keitzer made a motion to waive the requirements for Wayne and Mark Wellik seconded it. Wayne was approved for membership.
Jim Stahl, President: not present, so Greg Tilley led the meeting. Greg apologized to the members present for the slow and poor service by Azteca, with several wrong meal orders. The club was bounced from the party room with no advance notification, despite Vicky Wellik having confirmed our reservation the previous day. Being seated in the main dining room was very noisy, so we held our meeting outside the restaurant after dinner.
Greg Tilley, Treasurer:
- Stated $2,159.68 in checking account.
- Announced that the club will purchase all the food for the fall picnic since there is enough money in the account.
Vicky Wellik, Events Coordinator:
- Fall picnic and meeting at Smith Lake in Locust is October 28. Vicky passed around a list for everyone to select their preference of meat for the picnic. She will also send out a club-wide email so, if you already signed this list, you can disregard the email.
- The location for our September meeting will be in the “South” area; probably T-Bonz in Lake Wylie or City Tavern in Tega Cay.
- The car care day scheduled for September 16 will have to be rescheduled for a date in October. Greg will send a club-wide email once Gary Katzman selects the new date. (Update: car care day will be on October 7).
- For the Lake James State Park trip on September 9, we will meet in Belmont and drive to a restaurant near the lake. More details will be in an upcoming email.
- Carlos Arosemena passed around a flyer for a tribute to the Beatles tribute show at the Speedway Club, also on September 9 (same day as Lake James trip). The cost is $75 per person.
- The Porter Ridge Homecoming is October 20, and we will need four cars to drive the pageant contestants around the track, per Greg Tilley.
- The Run to the Colors scenic drive sponsored by the Foothills Corvette Club is October 22.
Tom Keitzer, Vice President-Membership: no report.
Connie Forbes, Secretary: no report
- Greg Tilley had sent out an email asking for those interested in the golf gift certificate won (and donated) by Glenn Cauvin at the Myrtle Beach car show. Three members’ names were put into a hat and Doug Forbes won the certificate. He had a great time playing last Sunday at Barefoot Landing.
- The fall Auto Fair at Charlotte Motor Speedway is September 23-24. Carlos said the roster is full for Saturday, but anyone interested can be put on stand-by for that day. We only have 11 cars signed up for Sunday, so 4 slots are still open.
- Greg Tilley announced that nominations for officers is now open and will be open through the October meeting, with elections held during the November meeting. Jim Stahl let Greg know that after one year as president (and prior year as secretary), he thinks it is time for someone else to have a chance at it. Vicky Wellik stated she will not run for events coordinator either. Greg passed around a sheet for nominations and will send out several emails requesting nominations, giving members the opportunity to bring new blood into the board.
- Kevin and Sue Rahn donated a Fire tablet that they had won at a car show earlier today for use in a future give away.
- Lana and Junior Thomas donated car magazines which Greg Tilley will send to wounded members of the 82nd Airborne at Walter Reed National Medical Center.
- Greg Tilley mentioned that he has several different sizes of windshield banners if anyone is interested.
Tom Keitzer motioned for the meeting to be closed and Carlos Arosemena seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 7:25pm.