Meeting called to order at 5:10pm by David Pratt at Mario’s Italian Restaurant in Matthews, NC.
Officers Present: David Pratt, Joan Hauck, Greg Tilley, Debi Pratt, John Turner and Margy Kessel
Last month’s Meeting Minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President
David introduced Vicky Wellik who wished to address the members to thank everyone for all their condolences and kind words regarding her Mother’s passing. Her Mother attended many of the monthly meetings and will always be remembered as a kind and sweet lady. We will miss her.
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator
- Debi distributed the upcoming events for the months of April thru July 2019.
-- April 13, 2019 – Corks & Crafts Spring Market – Westbend Winery, Lewisville, NC 12:00 – 5:00pm (Rain or Shine)
Free Entry – Pop Up Market with over 50 High Quality & Unique Vendors, Food & Live Music! A little something for everyone. Westbend Winery will provide special parking for the club. Also depending upon your location in Charlotte, it is approximately 1 ½ hours drive. Website: www.facebook.com/corksandcraftsatwestbend.
-- April 27, 2019 – Marvin Ridge High School Band Car Show, Marvin, NC
Information on this event will be updated shortly.
-- May 11, 2019 – Hot Rods for Honduras Car Show – Chapel Grove Baptist Church, Gastonia, NC 9:00 – 2:00pm
This event will take place Mother’s Day Weekend. It is for charity to send two members of Chapel Grove Baptist on a mission to Honduras. All vehicles types are welcome but requires a $25.00 Registration Form and fee. There will be food, vendors, door prizes and music.
-- June 8, 2019 - Ben Mynatt Customer Appreciation Day – Concord, NC 8:00 to 2:00pm
This is a fun event with food and music. If you arrive early, we can all park and display our cars together as a club. Details to follow – check club website. Strong member participation is encouraged since Ben Mynatt Chevrolet is our oldest sponsor.
- Debi also announced next month’s meeting will be in Waxhaw, NC. Date for our meeting has been changed to April 27th to avoid Easter weekend. Please check website for more details and location and time of meeting.
- In closing, Debi welcomes event suggestions and any new ideas members have for upcoming events.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
Joan introduced potential new members Paul and Gina Sullivan, who are eligible for a membership vote tonight. Joan moved for a vote and Paul & Gina were approved. Also another new applicant is Michael Chase (likes to be called Michael). He will be joining us after tax season as he is an accountant and this is his busy time. Joan also commented on the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Baxter. It was a pleasurable day, especially seeing all the children in attendance at the parade.
John Turner – Vice President of Automotive
Auto Fair – Charlotte Motor Speedway – April 4 – 7, 2019
John will be sending out shortly an email regarding rallying point.
Jim Stahl will be at rally point on Saturday, April 6th at 7:00am distributing tickets and passes. Check John’s future email for further information and details.
Greg Tilley - Treasurer
- The club has $2,836.10 in our bank account.
- Reminder from Greg regarding donations for wounded warriors of the 82nd Airborne. Between now and next month’s meeting (April 27th), Generations is asking members to donate a check, car-themed T-shirts (size Large), or car magazines for our next care package to Walter Reed National Military Hospital in Bethesda, MD. Any donations would be greatly appreciated. Greg will send out a detailed email soon.
Larry Coley – Myrtle Beach, SC Trip – May 30 – June 2
Larry confirmed reservations have been set up for Myrtle Beach and 12 rooms have been reserved. When you arrive, go to front desk and tell them you are with the Generations Corvette Club. You pay upon arrival.
- One of our members would like to go the Corvette Museum in Kentucky. This will be addressed at the next meeting to see if there is any interest.
- Jim Stahl also mentioned at the meeting anyone would like to get together for a ride and/or lunch to check out or reach out on Facebook page.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway has Cars and Coffee every 3rd Saturday of the month.
- Also there is a brewery in Concord called Cabarrus Brewing Company with live music, food and screen TVs every Friday night. Also pets are welcomed. Carlos Arosemena and Jim Stahl often go and invite other members to join them.
- Greg Tilley mentioned Ron Ruggiero, one of our members has not been able to attend monthly meetings or events due to his job which takes up all of his weekends. He reluctantly let his membership lapse, but he has said that he plans to rejoin us when his schedule changes. At this time, Greg would like the club to make Ron an honorary member until he renews his regular membership. Motion was seconded and approved, and Greg will inform Ron.
- Greg announced congratulations to Thomas Foxx who was the winner of a drawing for a $25 gift card for early renewal of membership dues. It was presented to him at last night’s meeting.
David Pratt motioned for the meeting to be closed and Vicky Wellik seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5:35pm. Dinner at Mario’s Italian Restaurant in Matthews, NC.
Generations Corvette Club