Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order by Jim Stahl at 5:27pm at The Dixie Pig in Rock Hill, SC.
Officers present: Jim Stahl, Tom Keitzer, Vicky Wellik, Connie Forbes, and Greg Tilley.
Last month's meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
Vicky and Mark Wellik’s daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter attended as guests.
Jim Stahl, President:
- Reminded everyone to check our website (either Hot Topics page or events calendar) to stay current on upcoming club activities. Details for events contained in those pages will answer many of your questions about where and when.
- Our Facebook page is also a good source of information for last-minute activities (impromptu scenic drives or lunch/dinner) like meeting at Sonic for lunch last weekend.
- Thanked Larry Coley for the great room rate at the hotel in Myrtle Beach and said that everyone had a wonderful time. He said that Doug Forbes and Andy Tucker participated in the car show and Andy won an award for his C7 Z06.
- Jim said that several members have signed up for the July 4th parade in Baxter Village, but anyone can just show up by 8:30am that day to participate. Get assembly area details from Jim.
- Talked in depth about the car show judging guidelines that he and several other members came up with when they met last Saturday evening. They came up with a points system for judging based on car mileage, but this will have to be discussed further and written down for clarification. They also decided the Best in Show award should be for members only and showing both days. There will be separate awards for Best Coupe and Best Convertible for Saturday and Sunday. Instead of a Lady’s choice award, they decided on a People’s choice award where 75 people will be pulled each day of the weekend to determine the award for each day. Other awards were discussed and will be written in the guidelines.
- Jim announced that we have several new applicants and that the officers would be sending emails to encourage them to come to the next event.
- Jim stressed the importance of RSVP’ing for events in order for the event organizer to plan for adequate seating and ensure event details are sent to people interested in attending.
Greg Tilley, Treasurer:
- Stated $2148.99 in checking account.
- Asked everyone to send pictures to him to post on the website and to check the Hot Topics section for upcoming events.
Vicky Wellik, Events Coordinator:
- The location for our July meeting will be in the “North” area; probably in Concord.
- Some upcoming events we are planning include the Antique Auto Museum in Asheville on July 15, the Tree House Winery in Monroe on August 5, and Lake James in north of Nebo, NC (west of Morganton) on September 9.
- The Run to the Colors scenic drive sponsored by the Foothills Corvette Club will be sometime in October. The date has not been posted yet.
- The fall Auto Fair at Charlotte Motor Speedway is September 23-24.
- In October, we are planning our fall picnic at Smith Lake in Locust. Jim said he is looking into getting the food for free from his company.
Tom Keitzer, Vice President-Membership: no report.
Connie Forbes, Secretary: no report
Kevin and Sue Rahn said they have a template made up for the window sign used for car shows if anyone is interested. Just send them a picture and your information and they will make the sign and laminate it for you.
Greg Tilley motioned for the meeting to be closed and Tom Keitzer seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 6:00pm.