Meeting called to order at 5:05pm by David Pratt at O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 2265 Crosspointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC.
Officers Present: David Pratt (President), Debi Pratt (Events Coordinator) Greg Tilley (Treasurer), Joan Hauck (VP of Membership), Jeff Kessel (VP of Automotive), and Margy Kessel (Secretary)
Last month’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President
- David greeted everyone with a Happy New Year and welcome to O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar in Rock Hill, SC.
- David was happy to announce that O’Charley’s has renewed their sponsorship with GCC and are excited to have us back.
- David recently met with Bobby Lewis of Victory Lane Corvette Club and discussed the possibility of planning club events together in the future. David said the more the merrier!
- David announced that Generations Corvette Club’s 12th Anniversary is coming up. It will be held at the Auto Barn Classic Cars in Concord, NC on February 29, 2020. The officers have agreed to a pizza party at the club’s expense. Members are encouraged to bring their own refreshments (adult beverages are ok, in moderation).
- David is checking into a tour of Rick Hendrick’s Museum on a weekend so all members can attend.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
- The club has $2,638.99 in our bank account. The Charity fund has $183.31 included in that total.
- Greg announced there will be a drawing for a $25 Outback gift card for any member who pays their dues in January. This drawing will be held at the GCC 12th Anniversary dinner & meeting on February 29, 2020.
- Greg passed around a sign up sheet at the meeting for volunteers for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Charlotte, NC (morning event) on March 14, 2020. David Pratt is handling the sign-up for the Baxter Village Parade in Fort Mill, SC (afternoon event). David Pratt requested members participating in the Baxter Village parade to bring lots of candy to toss to the kids at the parades. The Charlotte parade discourages items being thrown from cars in their parade.
- Club windshield banners – The club has a small stock of new and gently used windshield banners for sale. If anyone is interested in purchasing a new banner the cost is $20 and $10 for a used banner. Our supply of banners by Corvette Generation is shown on the Generations gear page of our website.
New: C-7 -3, CE -2, C5 - 1, C4 -1
Used: C6 – 2, C5 – 1
We will not place a new order for club inventory until these remaining items are sold.If you wish to purchase one of these banners, please respond by email to Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greg also handed out free windshield decals (with club logo) at tonight’s meeting. Other members can pick up their decals at future events.
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator
Debi announced looking into several new events in the upcoming months.
- Pancake Breakfast at O’Charleys Restaurant & Bar, Rock Hill, SC., which will benefit the Veterans Bridge Home.
- Cruise & Tour to Hendersonville, NC and lunch at an Irish Pub.
- Corvette Auto Show at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC
- Indoor 3D Golf and/or Bowling outing in Matthews, NC
- Indoor Go-Karting in Concord, NC.
- Myrtle Beach Trip, Myrtle Beach, SC in May.
All these events are being coordinated, and Debi will provide more dates and details in future emails. Members can also check the GCC website for updates.
February 29, 2020 – GCC 12th Anniversary – 5:00pm to 7:00pm – Auto Barn Classic Cars – 325 McGill Avenue, Concord, NC.
Join us in celebrating the club’s 12th Anniversary party at our monthly meeting at Auto Barn Classic Cars. Please RSVP by February 23rd.
March 14, 2020 – St Patick’s Day Parade – 9:00am to 1:00pm – North Tryon St. & 7th Avenue, Charlotte, NC.
Need volunteers for car club display (6-12) and to carry parade officials (4) for Charlotte St. Patrick Day Parade. Contact Greg Tilley at email@example.com if interested.
March 14, 2020 – Baxter Village St. Patrick Parade – 4:30pm to 6:00pm, 857 Promenade Walk, Fort Mill, SC.
Generations has been invited to participate in the 14th Annual Baxter Village/Fort Mill Spring Festival and St. Patrick’s Parade on Saturday, March 14. The parade steps off at 5pm from the YMCA lot (857 Promenade Walk, Fort Mill) here in Baxter Village, and the festival is 2pm to 6pm. This parade and festival attract more than 125 vendors and 6,000 attendees. This is a car club display only; we are not being asked to carry any pageant queens or local officials. If you are interested in driving, please contact David Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 28, 2020 – Monthly Dinner & Business Meeting – 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Location TBD, probably in Matthews.
Jeff Kessel – Vice President of Automotive
- Jeff wished everyone a Happy New Year and mentioned the following upcoming automotive events.
- Cars & Coffee – Concord – February 15, 2020 – 7:00am to 10:00am – Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Jeff advised that the Spring Pennzoil Auto Fair will be held at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Thursday, April 2, 2020 thru Sunday April 5, 2020 – 8:00am to 5:00pm. Additional details to follow.
- For those interested, the NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four Wide Nationals Drag Races will be held on Friday, April 24, 2020 thru Sunday, April 26, 2020. For more information call 1-800-455-3267 or visit the Charlotte Motor Speedway website.
- Caffeine & Classics Streetside – 800 Derita Road, Suite A, Concord, NC. – Held last Saturday of every month – 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
- Joan wished everyone a Happy New Year and shared her stories from her trip to Key West, Florida. Joan presented Thomas Foxx with a Cuban cigar from her trip.
- Joan distributed to the Officers an updated list of applicants.
- Joan will be checking out a restaurant for our March meeting in Matthews, NC.
- Joan recently heard from Michael Chase that after the tax season he will be joining the club for more dinners and events.
OLD BUSINESS – NONE
- Jim Stahl and other members would like to see an outing for Go-Karting. This event is being coordinating thru Debi Pratt.
- Vicky Wellik thanked everyone for the well wishes and cards she received during her recovery from knee surgery.
- Carlos mentioned how much he enjoyed the tour at Rick Ware Racing. He also suggested this event be put again on the calendar for the future.
David Pratt motioned for the meeting to be closed and Jim Stahl seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5: 20pm at 2265 Crosspointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC.
Generations Corvette Club