Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order at 7:45pm by David Pratt at 9505 Moss Plantation Avenue NW, Concord, NC.
Officers Present: David Pratt (President), Debi Pratt (Events Coordinator) Joan Hauck (VP of Membership), Thomas Fox (VP of Automotive), and Margy Kessel (Secretary)
Not Present: Greg Tilley (Treasurer)
Last month’s meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President:
- David welcomed everyone to our Christmas party and monthly dinner meeting at Moss Creek Club House, 9505 Moss Plantation Avenue NW, Concord, NC.
- David began the meeting thanking everyone who participated in the Mount Pleasant parade. It was a big success and great turn out.
- Just a reminder regarding the Christmas Eve Day community breakfast hosted by Ben Mynatt Chevrolet on Tuesday, December 24th from 7:00am to 11:00am. Since Mynatt Chevrolet is one of our loyal sponsors, we encourage everyone to participate in helping serve breakfast or to just stop by for a great meal.
- David advised that presently we have $183.31 in our Charity Fund. David suggested we bring that total to $200. This will be discussed further at our January monthly meeting.
- David announced he will distribute windshield decals at the January monthly meeting.
- David reminded everyone that it is time for membership renewal dues. Greg will be sending out an invoice in late December. Any member who pays their dues in January will be eligible for a drawing for a $25 gift card at the February monthly meeting.
- David announced that Generations Corvette Club’s 12th anniversary is coming up. It will be held at the Auto Barn Classic Cars in Concord, NC on February 29, 2020.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer:
- The club has $2,796.71 in our bank account. The Charity fund has $183.31 included in that total.
- Greg has the new windshield decals and has given David Pratt a supply to distribute. Each member will receive 2 -3 decals until all members have received theirs. Also Joan will be given a supply for the new membership bags.
- Club windshield banners – The club has a small stock of new and gently used windshield banners for sale. If anyone is interested in purchasing a new banner the cost is $20 and $10 for a used banner. Our supply of banners by Corvette Generation is shown on the Generations gear page of our website.
New: C-7 -3, C6 -1, C5 -1, C4 -1
Used: C6 –2, C5 –1
We will not place a new order for club inventory until these remaining items are sold.If you wish to purchase one of these banners, please respond by email to Greg at email@example.com.
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator:
- Due to Debi’s father’s recent health issues this past year, Debi would appreciate any assistance and/or ideas in planning future events. Please email your suggestions to GenerationsEvents1@gmail.com .
- Debi thanked everyone for joining us for our holiday party. Debi stated since joining the club she has met so many wonderful people who now have become her friends.
December 24, 2019 – Ben Mynatt Cheverolet Community Breakfast, Concord NC – Annual Christmas Eve Day Breakfast – 7:00am to 11:00am.
We need a few club members to volunteer to help clean and resupply tables during the breakfast. Volunteers do not have to stay for the entire event; 1 -2 hours is sufficient. If members can’t volunteer to work the event, they are welcome to stop by to have breakfast (southern style). Please help the club support our corporate sponsor (Ben Mynatt) by either working or coming for breakfast.
January 25, 2020 – Monthly Dinner & Business Meeting – 5:00pm to 7:00pm
O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 2265 Cross Pointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC
February 29, 2020 – GCC 12th Anniversary – 5:00pm to 7:00pm – Auto Barn Classic Cars – 325 McGill Avenue, Concord, NC.
Join us in celebrating the club’s 12th Anniversary party at our monthly meeting at Auto Barn Classic Cars. Please RSVP by February 22nd.
Thomas Foxx – Vice President of Automotive : No report
Margy Kessel – Secretary: No report
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership:
- Joan welcomed two new applicants – Marcus Bersinger born in Switzerland and residing in the Charlotte area since 1993 and Michelle Le Rader from Minneapolis. Marcus presently is living in Kannapolis. He owns two C-3 corvettes: 1968 yellow Stingray and navy blue 1977. They both look forward to joining us for upcoming events.
OLD BUSINESS – NONE
NEW BUSINESS – NONE
David Pratt motioned for the meeting to be closed and Joan Hauck seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 8:10pm at 9505 Moss Plantation Avenue NW, Concord, NC.