Generations Corvette Club
Meeting called to order at 2:30pm by David Pratt at Backing Up Classics museum in Concord, NC.
Officers present: David Pratt, Joan Hauck, and Greg Tilley. Debi Pratt, John Turner, and Margy Kessel were not present.
Last month's meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt welcomed everyone for attending our 11th anniversary meeting. He also thanked Jimmy Morrison for letting us hold our meeting in his car museum and giving club members a personal tour.
Joan Hauck, Vice-President of Membership:
- Introduced a new applicant, Paul Sullivan, from Denver, NC. Paul’s wife, Gina, was unable to attend. Paul & Gina own a 2015 arctic white Z51; their first Corvette.
- The following applicants were voted in as new members: Joseph (Rosey) & Marcia Rosenberg, Mike Schneider & Alethea McKinney, and Larry & Diana Fritts. Please welcome them to our club, and we look forward to seeing them at many future events.
John Turner, Vice President of Automotive (briefed by David Pratt):
- David named the participants for Auto Fair on April 6 & 7. Saturday’s quota is filled, but we have some open slots for Sunday. Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you want to participate on Sunday. John will be sending out an event reminder to participants prior to Auto Fair.
- Also reminded Auto Fair participants that our rally will be at the Regal Cinemas Starlight 14 on 11240 North Tryon Street, Charlotte (near Route 29 exit at I-485) at 7:00am both days to pick up your entry passes. The reason for the early assembly is due to Auto Fair leaders’ insistence that car clubs be in place no later than 8:00am each day. If you are unable to arrive early, please contact John to make an alternate arrangement.
- The car care day initially planned for Saturday, April 6, will be rescheduled due to the conflict with Auto Fair. Date change will be announced via email.
Debi Pratt, Events Coordinator (briefed by David Pratt):
David distributed a draft of our 2019 events calendar for member review and inputs. All members are encouraged to suggest events to help bring some variety to our activities. Greg Tilley explained that the same information is available on our online events calendar.
Greg Tilley, Treasurer:
- The club has $3,392.26 in our bank account; the balance is larger than normal due to the influx of membership renewal dues.
- Greg also held drawings for a $25 gift card and Corvette-themed CDs for club members who paid their renewal dues by January 31. Thomas Foxx won the $25 gift card; Carlos Arosemena, Dee Putnam, Jeff Whitten, and Brian Roy won Corvette CDs.
- Greg Tilley reminded members that several club-logo items are in stock and available for sale: can koozies, bottle koozies, and windshield banners. Details on these items can be found on the “Generations gear” page of our website.
- Larry Coley reminded members that windbreaker jackets, polo shirts, and ball caps are available by special order. Details on these items can also be found on the “Generations gear” page of our website.
- Greg Tilley announced we have 11 volunteer drivers for the Saint Patrick Day in downtown Charlotte on Saturday, March 16. The parade starts at 11:00am, but parade assembly starts at 9:00am due to roads being shut down by police. Three cars will carry the grand marshal, the parade founder, and one local politician. The other eight cars will form a car club display. An optional lunch will follow at a restaurant to be named later. Other members are welcome to sign up by emailing Greg at email@example.com. Greg will send out a reminder email to participants one week before the parade
David Pratt has about eight volunteer drivers for the Baxter Village Saint Patrick parade in Fort Mill. The parade starts at 5:00pm, but parade assembly begins at 4:00pm. All cars will be in a car club display, none carrying guest riders. David will send out rally point information at least a week before the parade. Members can sign up by emailing David at GenerationsCorvetteClubPres@gmail.com.
- Larry Coley discussed the plans for our Myrtle Beach trip weekend during May 30-June 2 and named those who have signed up already. Information is available on our online events calendar, and other members can still sign up be contacting Larry at 704-796-0140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Larry also announced the date for our annual picnic, Saturday, September 28, at Smith Farm in Mount Pleasant. Event details will be emailed 2-3 months before the picnic. The club will provide the main entrees and assorted sides. Members are encouraged to bring desserts and their own drinks.
Carlos Arosemena motioned for the meeting to be closed and Vicky Wellik seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 3:20pm. Dinner at O’Charley’s in Concord was scheduled for 4:00pm.