Meeting called to order at 5:13pm by David Pratt at O’Charley’s Restaurant & Bar, 2265 Crosspointe Drive, Rock Hill, SC.
Officers Present: David Pratt (President), Debi Pratt (Events Coordinator), Greg Tilley (Treasurer), and Joan Hauck (VP of Membership). Jeff Kessel (VP of Automotive) and Margy Kessel (Secretary) were not present.
February’s (last month we met) meeting minutes were approved with no changes.
David Pratt – President
- David welcomed everyone to our first club meeting since February’s anniversary party. The low turnout was expected because many members are still understandably cautious about gathering in public, especially since COVID infection rates have recently started rising again in SC and NC.
- David acknowledged the warm welcome we received from the O’Charley’s staff.
- David announced the holiday parade at Baxter Village in Fort Mill on Saturday, December 5 from 4pm to 5:30pm. He passed around a sign-up sheet during the meeting. A group email will go out soon, citing the event details and giving other members a chance to sign up.
- David also reminded the members present that officer nominations for 2021 are open and the elections will take place during the November meeting. Only four officer positions have volunteers, and we need participation by other members to fill out the board. Officer positions do not take much time (averaging maybe one hour a week, at most). David summarized the importance of filling our officer positions so the club can operate efficiently in order to retain our non-profit corporation status. Our ability to have a bank account and pay for our website hosting depends on our formal club status. The alternative is an informal social club with only a Facebook page to attract new members.
Greg Tilley – Treasurer
- The club has $4,188.88 in our bank account. The Charity fund has $248.31 included in that total, thanks to a contribution by our newest member, Gary Soleby.
- In recognition of our club's lack of activities in 2020 resulting from COVID restrictions, the board voted to waive membership renewal dues for all current members for 2021. We are all hoping our activity level goes back to normal soon.
- Greg passed around an event flyer for the annual Corvette Angels toy drive hosted by Road Runner Vettes on Saturday, November 7 at 9am to noon. This year’s event will be held in the parking lot of the Carolina Place Mall (previously held at the Speedway). All toy donations (new and unwrapped, please) go to the Salvation Army; last year’s event accumulated over 5,000 toys from over a dozen local and regional car clubs. The event is posted on our online calendar and will be posted to the Hot Topics page of our website this weekend.
Joan Hauck – Vice President of Membership
Joan welcomed our newest member, Gary Solesby and his son, Jackson, by handing out a new member bag (full of car goodies, thanks to Joan’s initiative). Our other new member, Michael Chase, was unable to attend last night.
Joan will make a reservation for our November meeting at Mac’s Speed Shop in Matthews, NC.
Debi Pratt – Events Coordinator
Debi summarized the events coming in the upcoming months:
Nov 7: Corvette Angels toy drive (9am-noon) at Carolina Place Mall
Nov 14: Monthly meeting/dinner and officer elections (5pm) at Mac’s Speed Shop in Matthews
Nov 21: picnic/cookout at Pratt’s home in Catawba, SC; time to determined and details announced by email soon)
Dec 5: holiday parade at Baxter Village in Fort Mill (4-5:30pm)
Dec 19: Christmas party (5pm) at a location to be determined
Dec 24: community breakfast at Ben Mynatt Chevrolet (8am-11am); event status unknown due to COVID; will send out update as soon as possible
All these events are being coordinated, and Debi will provide more dates and details in future emails. Members can also check the GCC website for updates.
OLD BUSINESS – NONE
NEW BUSINESS - NONE
Debbie Rather motioned for the meeting to be closed and Greg Tilley seconded, so the meeting adjourned at 5: 27pm.
Generations Corvette Club